Miart’s 24th edition is a central part of Milan’s Art Week (from April 5th?—?7th), but that’s not all! In addition to the fair, the city will be hosting lots of exciting exhibitions and unique art events. Here’s what you should know.
This is one of Italy’s most visited International Fairs of Modern & Contemporary Art. Following in the footsteps of past editions, the fair will present visitors with a wide range of works by modern masters, contemporary artists & emerging designers. A total of 186 galleries from 19 countries will be attending (45 galleries are participating for the first time).
There are 7 sections which confirm the uniqueness and importance of the fair’s artistic offering:
- Established Masters: A selection of artworks made before 1999 to explore masters of modern art and rediscover artists from the same period.
- Established Contemporary: In this core section galleries will present their latest contemporary productions & languages.
- Generations: An invitational only section in which two galleries have been asked to create a dialogue between two artists belonging to different generations.
- Decades:This is where you will be able to explore the history of the 20th century. Stands in this section are divided into decades to represent key historic moments of their time.
- Emergent: Make sure not to miss this section if you like to discover galleries and emerging artists which focus on exciting new languages.
- On-demand: Regardless of each section, galleries at miart are invited to present context-based, site-specific or interactive works in order to create a direct relationship with visitors and collectors.
- Object: This section is dedicated to galleries that actively promote experimental design and decorative arts, as well as limited editions and collectible designs produced directly with the designers.
Milan’s Art Week
Inaugurations, Exhibitions, Institutional Spaces, Private & Public Galleries, Non-profit art spaces…Starting from April 1st Milan’s Art Week promises to keep you busy with a slew of events! It would be difficult to pick the best events & locations, check out this list provided by Thatscontemporary.com.
Here’s 3 things not to miss:
- Giorgio Andreotta Calò @Pirelli HangarBiccoca: sculptures and large-scale installations transform spaces and architectures in this conceptual exhibition by Giorgio Andreotta Calò.
- Take some time to visit “the Foundations”: Fondazione Adolfo Pini, Fondazione Arnaldo Pomodoro, Fondazione Carla Sozzani, Fondazione Carriero, Fondazione ICA Milano, Fondazione Nicola Trussardi, Fondazione Prada Milano, Fondazione Stelline.
- Bansky @ Milan’s MUDEC: this exhibition features over 70 artworks made by the British artist. Paintings, drawings, sculptures, objects and video-art to follow Bansky’s evolution through 4 distinct social & cultural movements that influenced the artist’s figurative art. Tickets here.
365ArtFair will be reporting for art lovers & collectors around the world!
We will be sharing content from #MIART #MIART2019