Follow Giustini Stagetti
Via della Fontanella Borghese, 38
+39 06 89760540
Via dell'Arancio, 46
About the Gallery
Giustini / Stagetti Roma, founded in Rome in 2009, focuses both on historical Italian design masters and top level manufactures from 1930 to 1970 and on international contemporary design.
The gallery’s partners, Roberto Giustini and Stefano Stagetti, respectively come from a long time experience in contemporary art and design and in Italian modern design.
Roberto Giustini has been involved in several projects for private and public spaces involving Ettore Sottsass and Enzo Cucchi (1999-2006).
Stefano Stagetti has done the first Fontana Arte exhibition (“Luci e Trasparenze”, in 2006) in a private space – his former gallery in Rome, Babuino Novecento – and researches and shows on the production of Gio Ponti (“Oggetti di design”, 2007) and Ettore Sottsass (“Una collezione 1959-1974, in 2008).
For the contemporary design, through “Privato Romano Interno” project curated by Emanuela Nobile Mino, international designers (up to now Campana Brothers, Konstantin Grcic, Formafantasma) are invited to rethink Italian cultural and craftmanship traditions in order to develop collections exclusively produced for the gallery and often presented inside historically relevant venues conceptually connected to the project of each designer.
The gallery regularly collaborates with museums and public institutions to support and promote its artists.
Gino Sarfatti was born in Venice in 1912 and studied aeronaval engineering at the University of Genoa. From 1939 onwards he worked in the lighting sector and set up Arteluce which soon became a national and international touchstone for the modern architecture movement in lighting.
During his thirty years of activity, Gino Sarfatti designed and produced over 600 luminaires and carried out non-stop research into innovation as regards typology, materials, production technologies, light sources, technical lighting effects and design aspects.
In the course of their work, Gino Sarfatti and Arteluce won numerous prizes and awards including the Compasso d’Oro in 1954 and 1955, and the Honorary Diploma of the Triennale di Milano.
Arteluce was also a meeting place and an important forum for many of the leading Italian designers in the 50s and 60s.