At its 7th edition Art Basel Hong Kong is gearing up to host Asia’s most important art fair. Visitors will be presented with an overview of the growing art-scenes from Asia-Pacific and beyond. Here’s what you should know:
- 242 galleries from 35 countries will showcase important works.
- 21 galleries are participating for the first time. Over half of the exhibitors are from Asia-Pacific, an ever-growing cultural and artistic hotbed.
- Insights: a section dedicated to presenting works from Asian artists. Here you’ll find some of the leading galleries from Taiwan, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Delhi and more. Full list of galleries is here.
- Discoveries: a focus on solo-shows and emerging artists. Artists in this section present exciting new works made specifically for the event. If exploring the next generation of talents is your thing then don’t miss this section! Full list of galleries is here.
- Encounters: 12 institutional-scale installations by leading artists. Visitors are invited to explore, discover and contemplate on today’s global challenges. All details of this section here.
- Museum Shows & Institutions: Hong Kong’s leading museums and institutions will also be open to Visitors throughout the event.
Don’t miss American artist KAWS’ inflatable installation at Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour for the city’s arts month! Photo: Hong Kong Tourism Board
365ArtFair will be reporting for art lovers & collectors around the world!
We will be sharing content from #ArtBaselHongKong2019
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates.
#Art #ContemporaryArt #ModernArt #Design #ArtFair #365ArtFair